Monday, August 1, 2011

And It Continues....

For one of the few times in this blog I'll skip the bashing of Exxon/Mobile and this time I'll pick on Chevron. However, keep in mind that whatever figures I'm about to tell you would be even higher if I was talking about Exxon/Mobile!

On July 29 of this year Chevron announced that its profit jumped 43 percent to $7.7 billion in the second quarter as higher oil and gasoline prices made up for a decline in oil production. Read that again, I'll wait..... They are admitting that even though they produced LESS oil, their profits increased because they  charged higher prices for their products! The trend of soaring profits among the major oil companies continues. 

Chevron's revenue for the quarter increased 31 percent to $66.7 billion. 


I'd research and tell you about Exxon/Mobile's profits but I'm out of gas.

No comments: